Re: Q: When dnsZoneEntry is freed after DD retired

Hi,

2020年10月1日(木) 1:04 Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>:

> On Wed, 2020-09-30 at 12:57 +0200, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 05:10:23PM +0900, Kentaro Hayashi wrote:
> > > How should I ask to remove them in this case?
> >
> > This being debian-project@ I'm sure there are several DSA members who
> > follow the list, so I'd say to try and wait some time to see if any
> > of them follow up.
>
> As noted in the original mail, as soon as an account is locked any
> corresponding debian.net DNS entries stop being published. The only
> question under consideration is thus whether those entries should
> become available for re-use and, if so, when.
>
> My (anecdotal) experience is that debian.net entries tend to fall into
> two categories - those that only have any relevance or usefulness to an
> individual, and those that are of wider use, where there may be
> surprise at their disappearance. It's not entirely clear in either case
> how soon after retirement the record should become available, and we
> don't have tooling to support any answer other than "immediately".
>
> If there's a need / desire for a particular DNS name previously owned
> by an ex-DD to be made available, then we'd be happy to discuss that on
> a per-case basis.

So, I want to discuss a particular DNS entry: fabre.debian.net.
This DNS record was owned by ex-DD ukai.
He was retired 2009-08-25, and it holds dnsZoneEntry: fabre IN A 218.223.29.46.

You can ensure this by the following command:

  ldapsearch -u -x -H ldap://db.debian.org -b dc=debian,dc=org uid=ukai

I want to reuse this subdomain to plan running an experimental service.
Here is a brief explanation about it.

  https://slide.rabbit-shocker.org/authors/kenhys/debconf2020-online/

> As a side-note, please bear in mind that -project is publicly archived
> when considering whether to post data from LDAP to it (even publicly-
> visible data).

I thought that we need to discuss based on the fact, so I've attached that list.
But, I should be more careful to handle it...

Regards,