How to Value a Community

    Holger> Sam, you accused Olek of derailing the situation, which
    Holger> (AFAICS) he disagrees with, and now you are "offering" to
    Holger> solve this problem by Olek investing more time to solve a
    Holger> problem that doesnt also in my book doesnt exist.

    Holger> btw, I could also say you Sam are derailing Enricos thread
    Holger> as well, voila.

I show value for the community by being willing to dedicate my time and
energy when people are upset and hurt by what I've done.
I try to show that I value them by being willing to put in my time to
hear them and learn from them.
I do not try to force this.
But that's how I show that I value them as members of the community and
how I show that I value building a community that works together rather
than snipes at each other.