Re: [Summary] Discourse for Debian

On 4/15/20 10:02 AM, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended.  See (or don't see) below.

On Wednesday, April 15, 2020 11:49:56 AM Holger Levsen wrote:
On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 10:22:29AM -0400, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
This must be one of those days when I feel the need to respond to more
emails than I usually do.
but why?
Do you really expect an answer?  Hard to explain -- I guess the
misinterpretation of one of my earlier comments led me to feel the need to try
to explain myself.

Apology (or attempt at explanation) is still further below.

(2) maybe bringing systemd into a discussion is (should be considered)
something just as disrepectful (harmful) as bringing Hitler into a
discussion.
i'm disgusted and not sure how I should comment on comparing a free
software tool with someone who's actions lead to the death of millions of
people and the holocaust.

I sincerely apologize!  I never intended my comment to express any approval of
Hitler or a comparison of systemd to Hitler.
no problem here. your humor is understood.
some folks are ultra sensitive on various subjects/words. It's a cultural thing I believe.
I try to ignore them.
I don't know if I can explain or if an explanation would help.  Without really
thinking about the actions of Hitler, I was just trying to suggest that
bringing up an off-topic subject that provokes controversy (like systemd) might
signal the end of useful conversation about a subject, something like bringing
up a different off-topic subject (Hitler) has in the past signaled the end of
useful conversation on other subjects.

To me, the idea of bringing up Hitler in a conversation is crazy / humorous,
even though his actions are far from humorous.

(I probably dug myself in deeper :-(