Re: Testing Discourse for Debian

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 04:54:28AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> In that sense, I would expect structured discussion systems such as
> Discourse to be a potential time saver, and therefore lower the barrier
> for contribution to everybody: those who contribute their point of view,
> and those who summarise them.

Just on this point, Discourse has an auto-summarise feature. This isn't
meant to replace a human summary creator, but should help with
megathreads and save people time.

For example:
https://meta.discourse.org/t/feedback-on-new-hamburger-and-user-menus/32519
has 231 posts, and an estimated read time of 29 minutes. If you click on
"Summarize this Topic", it drops that down to less than 50 posts.

Neil