Re: Salsa as authentication provider for Debian

On Sb, 11 apr 20, 19:27:53, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 10:04:55AM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> >
> > I must be missing something so I'm asking: what is the *benefit* of
> > avoiding collisions with Debian accounts?
> >
> foo@salsa.debian.org and foo@debian.org both existing and referring to
> different people risks causing confusion.  I'd like to understand why
> we're going that way.

If I understand correctly, then, using the -guest suffix would allow for
foo-guest@salsa.debian.org and foo@debian.org both existing and
referring to different people.

In my opinion this still doesn't significantly reduce the risk of
confusion while also being quite unfriendly should the foo-guest user
ever wish to become a Debian Member.

Kind regards,
Andrei