Re: Salsa as authentication provider for Debian

On Wed, Apr  8, 2020 at 14:30:43 +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:

> Hi Zhu
>
> On Wed, Apr 08, 2020 at 07:50:22PM +0800, Shengjing Zhu wrote:
> > 1. Can you still keep the "-guest" enforcement, so it's still easy to
> > recognize who is DD or not on salsa?
>
> No.  The guest suffix was meant to avoid collisions with Debian
> accounts.  And the tool used to enforce it is unmaintained.

I think avoiding collisions with debian accounts is still valuable, and
the proposal doesn't explain why removing this protection is in any way
related or necessary for other services to use salsa as auth providers.

What problem does the tool have that aren't being addressed?  I haven't
seen a call for help on this; can you give pointers?

Cheers,
Julien