Re: distributed moderation of mailinglist

Le dimanche, 23 février 2020, 18.48:44 h CET Didier 'OdyX' Raboud a écrit :
> Le dimanche, 23 février 2020, 18.29:32 h CET Felix Lechner a écrit :
> > > Do you really expect such a mechanism to be needed?
> >
> > Moderators have opinions. The mailing lists are our primary public
> > forum. Feelings may run higher, and accusations may abound.
>
> It always seemed obvious; but for moderation to work while still standing
> for our values, we need:

… I figured I'd clarify. All of this is something we should aim for, not
request as an upfront condition.

What we need now is basically _any_ moderation, to put a halt to the ongoing
abuse of our infrastructure. Frankly, I don't care the slightest if the system
ends up blocking too many users or emails: it's not a free speech issue and
there are tons of other avenues available to people with good intentions to
reach out and discuss things about Debian.

--
    OdyX