Re: Announcing miniDebConf Montreal 2020 -- August 6th to August 9th 2020

Hi Roberto,

Regardless of whatever could be my political views (which I'm trying to
set aside), there's issues with your reasoning below:

On 2/20/20 2:20 PM, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> Another and clearly better and more inclusive approach would be to not
> "penalize" people for the government under which they happen to live.

Doing a debconf in a country with such a controversy isn't penalizing
just the few DDs living there, but the whole project. The number of
people that decided not to go is self-explanatory.

Not doing a debconf doesn't penalize anyone, it just happens elsewhere
and the people you're talking about can still attend...

Also, accepting a Debconf in Israel has nothing to do with being
inclusive. It's the opposite way. These people who you're asking for
being more inclusive are in fact not attending because they would like
the hosting state to be more "inclusive" itself (ie: with the
Palestinians). So your request for being more "inclusive" will obviously
fail here.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)