Re: Request to Mini DebConf Montreal Organizers: Fight Israel not the DC20 Team

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 05:03:50PM +0100, Dato Simó wrote:
> > If we force you, it is inherently distancing.  If you do it on
> > your own, it can be constructive.
>
> This sentence is beyond the pale for a PL.

How so?  The project, including various of its apparatus will ask people
to self-censor in the interest of community harmony.  If the request
goes unheeded or the situation escalates then more forceful measures are
taken, including expulsion.  How is this different, perhaps apart from
the fact that Sam recognized that escalation would not help in any way
and clearly stated that there would be no escalation if the Montreal
event team decided to ignore his request?

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez