Re: Request to Mini DebConf Montreal Organizers: Fight Israel not the DC20 Team

Le jeudi, 20 février 2020, 01.14:19 h CET Anthony DeRobertis a écrit :
> On 2/19/20 2:00 PM, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> > At the risk of poking a little fun at recent US politics: this _really
> > really_ reads as a /quid pro quo/.
>
> Not really; a quid pro quo there means more than the literal "something
> for something". Otherwise going to the grocery store and buying an apple
> is quid pro quo; perhaps you can use the term like that, but then it
> loses any negative connotation.

Fair enough. I failed at my attempt at drawing parallels; and triggering
smiles. Sorry.

> Here, it seems pretty clear that Sam is working to benefit Debian, not
> himself. The DPL trying to get things of value for Debian is not
> corrupt, it's part of his job.

For the record; I have _absolutely no doubt_ that Sam is working to benefit
Debian.  But in that particular instance, I happen to strongly disagree that
his actions have a positive effect on Debian (the community).

--
    OdyX