Re: Lenovo X395 Support Latest Debian Version

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 10:07:58PM +0100, Christian Kastner wrote:

> I am very positively surprised by this effort. It's rare (to me) for a
> vendor claiming Linux support to show even a modicum of interest beyond
> a very specific configuration.

Quite. Same here.

Just today the maker of my fancy business laptop[1], that is not Lenovo,
told me that to replace a swollen battery under warranty I have to
either ship it off-site and spend at least 10 working days without it,
or give them 375€+VAT for someone to come change it on-site, because
they consider the battery on this one as non-user-replaceable.

My first thought after reading their mail and Mark's post here, was that
I could keep the swollen battery, and put that money, or the money I
would lose in a 10 working days downtime, into the piggy bank for a new
Lenovo laptop...

Enrico

[1] who does kindly sponsor DebConf, for which I'm grateful, but still
    fails to officially support Debian on it :-/
--
GPG key: 4096R/634F4BD1E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>