Re: Lenovo X395 Support Latest Debian Version

On 11.02.20 20:45, Mark Pearson wrote:
> We checked it out here. My colleague installed Debian 10.3 and found he had to also install the 19.50 proprietary amdgpu driver - after that everything seems to work fine:
>
> Debian instructions for the AMD GPU are here: https://wiki.debian.org/AMDGPUDriverOnStretchAndBuster2
> Driver is here: https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/linux//19.50/amdgpu-pro-19.50-967956-ubuntu-18.04.tar.xz
>
> Hope that helps. The link to the Install on Thinkpad wiki was interesting to - I'll have a think about how we can help improve that.

I am very positively surprised by this effort. It's rare (to me) for a
vendor claiming Linux support to show even a modicum of interest beyond
a very specific configuration.

I'm aware that this was a particular case and don't expect all cases to
be responded to in the same manner, but just the general impression I'm
left with (with regards to Linux support) is positive enough that I'm
confident that my next laptop will be a Lenovo.