Repeating: Only the Automatic Approvals of BSP Reimbursements are on Hold; You scan still Ask

TL;DR: You are welcome to ask for approval for attending a BSP or
similar; it's only the automatic approvals on hold.

I heard two different people in an email thread claim that you cannot
get reimbursed for attending a BSP.
The only thing that is on hold right now is *automatic approvals*.
Just ask first.

At one level that might create more work.
If it does, it will push getting a real policy up the priority queue.

At another level, my frustration mostly surrounded documentation of
expenses and being in a position where people asking for approval and I
had different ideas about which contributors should be approved.
Asking for pre-approval reduces the emotional cost to me significantly.

--Sam