Re: are Debian mentors nuts? the DebConf scandal

On Sun, Dec 29, 2019 at 12:24:12AM +0100, Mary-Anne Wolf wrote:

> Debian deems an LGBT gender-pronoun-fail more serious than a romantic
> liaison with an intern???

What evidence do you have of this?

> Debian's Social Contract.  Transparency my arse.  Women can't see any
> justice here.  I don't!

> Debian, please release the reports

Huh?

> and shift the community focus off the women and back onto the men.

Huh?

I would expect any claims of sexual assault or harassment in the Debian
community to be fully investigated and perpetrators to be held accountable.
However, without an actual complainant, claims of sexual misconduct are
themselves a form of harassment.  You appear to be making accusations of
sexual misconduct that are nothing but hearsay and inference based on the
writings of an individual who has been removed from the Debian Project and
clearly has an axe to grind.  Please consider whether making posts on a
public mailing list about such matters, rather than reaching out to any
supposed victims privately and supporting them in seeking justice, is
actually effective in advancing the goal of protecting women.

> The comments by RMS pale in comparison to what people are saying about
> Debian, GSoC, Outreachy, groupies and casting couches at DebConf.

No one appears to be saying anything of the sort /within the Debian
Community/.  This is not some great conspiracy of silence, there are a
number of Debian Developers who take these questions seriously and would not
remain silent if we were aware something like what you describe was going
on.  The parsimonious explanation is that the ex-DD who has now been engaged
in a campaign of harassment against members of the project for over a year
is materially misrepresenting the facts.

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/