Moderated forum for Debian (was: Re: Merry Christmas more debian private leaks)

At this point, I think moderation would be a very useful tool for the
community.  The ability to end off-topic or offensive threads without
commenting on them beyond "this topic is not appropriate here, so we are
deleting/closing the thread" or "this was not appropriate in your post,
please fix it" could help with a lot of messy situations.  I'm unaware of
any mailing lists with this capability (short of moderating every single
message).

IANADD, but I am willing to commit time to work on a pilot project to
create a moderated forum for Debian (in addition to the existing Debian
fora).  I know Sam mentioned that the Gnome project has had some success
with discourse when I asked about something similar in a previous thread[1].

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2019/07/msg00140.html

--
Eldon