Understanding position of debian developer

Hallo,

I was just going through debian project in general and had a problem in understanding what debian developers are.
From what it seems by going through the wiki.debian.org is that debian developer is a core developer in debian.
Now what I dont understand is why debian doesnt call its developers as "debian core"/"debian core developer", instead refers them as debian-developers. I found that strange as the other projects call "core/core developer" instead of just "developer".
Should we have DEP or something of that sort to change it "core"/"core developer"?

Kind Regards,
Lenin