Re: Some thoughts about Diversity and the CoC

Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> writes:

> You try to somehow equate denying a "right" to be smug over forcing
> others to lie, with a direct expulsion.  One of these is just a feeling,
> the other is an actual severe action.

I'm not sure that I parsed that correctly, Adam.  I hope that you didn't
just imply that asking someone to use someone else's correct pronouns is
asking them to lie, and I just misunderstood what you were trying to say.

> Accept my apologies that I'm not inclusive enough to demand expelling
> people, and that I'm not diverse enough to demand a homogenity of
> opinions.

No.

To avoid any appearance of doubt, I stand with my transgender colleagues,
I believe that it is completely unacceptable to attempt to erase their
experience, and I am completely in favor of expelling from the project
anyone who insists repeatedly on intentionally referring to them by an
incorrect gender or otherwise verbally harassing them or denying their
existence.

This principle is more important to me than the unity of the project and
is more important to me than Debian.

I do not believe diversity is about accepting anything including
intolerance.  I believe in making explicit choices, and standing by those
choices.  I support LGBT people and do not support anti-LGBT people.  If
that's in conflict with Debian's code of conduct, so be it.