Re: Using Debian funds to support a gcc development task

Hi!

On 9/28/19 11:44 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> I'm posting here on behalf the Debian Ports team as we're seeking support
> to finance an important development task in gcc. In particular, I'm talking
> about the one-time job to modernize the m68k backend by porting it from "CC0"
> to "MODE_CC" as described in [1].
> (...)

Just as a heads-up: The campaign has been successful. We have collected over
$6000 in funds and an experienced GCC developer picked up the task and converted
the m68k backend to MODE_CC [1].

I have created an identical campaign for the AVR backend now [2] as this backend is
also still using the cc0 representation and some people asked me whether I could
create one campaign for AVR as well.

Thanks,
Adrian

PS: I'm not subscribed to the list, so please keep me CC'ed.

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz