Re: Community Team - where we want to go

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 01:40:34PM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:

> Posting draft team missions where one has to read between the lines
> about possible institutional conflicts and other unsaid issues, is
> emphatically /NOT/ a way to build trust within the project.

To make it clear: I think the draft team mission that was posted is a
great start for a discussion, and I think we need teams to support
people in Debian, and I think we need a good way to escalate different
interpretation of the CoC.

What I think is not a way to build trust, is what Guillerme's reading
of Tina's message was implying. I think those things hurt everyone and
destroy good efforts, and I strongly wanted to push the discussion back
to the idea of constucting something together.

I see how my message could be read as implying that the whole draft
Steve posted is not a good way to build trust. To the contrary, I
consider it a good way to put cards on the table, and to start to work
out together how they should be arranged.

I was afraid I was hearing that some cards might not be kept on the
table, and I wanted to strongly object to that.

If all the cards are on the table, by all means, let's all find a good
way to put them together!

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/634F4BD1E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>