Re: Community Team - where we want to go

Hello Martina,

On Fri 11 Oct 2019 at 04:56AM +01, Martina Ferrari wrote:

> On 10/10/2019 10:16, Enrico Zini wrote:
>> I suggest to review your notes with the idea that there could be two
>> or more such teams in Debian posting the same set of notes, and they
>> shouldn't conflict.
>
> I don't think that would be a good use of anybody's time. The CT wants
> to be *the* team doing the proposed job, and it would be kind of silly
> to have two teams doing the exact same thing. If there is another team
> that the project feels more fit for the job, then the CT should disband.

I don't think Enrico is suggesting that there actually be two teams.

I could be wrong, but I think his point was that unless you're seeking a
delegation, it would useful to imagine that there *could* be another
team, while reviewing your own proposals.  That way, you can ensure that
they really are reasonable proposals for a non-delegated entity.

On Fri 11 Oct 2019 at 07:27AM -04, Sam Hartman wrote:

> If you're going down the delegation path, it is good to decide that
> early.  That way we know that the project feedback matters in a
> different way than if it is a non-delegated entity just soliciting
> feedback on how they can be useful.

Right.  I believe that Enrico's suggestion, quoted above, applies to the
case in which a non-delegated entity is seeking feedback.

--
Sean Whitton