Re: Community Team - where we want to go

On 2019/10/10 02:40, Norbert Preining wrote:
> As "just another group of Debian Developers" I am not sure how you can
> usurp the right to exegesis of the CoC? What about if another group XYZ
> (like the Debian TeX Team) decides that our responsability is
> 	Interpreting the Code of Conduct

Yep, any group in Debian can read and interpret the Debian CoC, likely,
probably anyone who ever reads it might have their own interpretation of
the CoC. What the community team is effectively doing here is just
offering a service to do so, they're not imposing an authority of how
every CoC violation should be handled. Instead, if you as part of any
leadership role in Debian (maybe the DPL, maybe a member of a team) are
seeking some feedback, you can use the community team as a sounding
board to get their view on it. At least, that's my understanding.

> Same old wine in new bottles ...

Some wine'ing has gotten old a really long time ago.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage