Re: Using Debian funds to support a gcc development task

Le Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 11:44:26AM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz a écrit :

> In the future, gcc upstream expects all backends to be using MODE_CC for the
> internal register representation as the old CC0 is supposed to be removed.
>
> Since the lack of modernization would eventually mean that m68k support would
> get removed from gcc, I'm currently running a campaign to prevent that. I
> have already opened a tracker bug upstream in gcc's bugzilla [2] as well as
> linked the issue to BountySource [3].
(...)
> I thought of something around $1000 to $5000 depending on how much the project
> is willing to spend.

Hi John and everybody,

given the reminders that Debian refrains from paying developers for
their time, I wonder if it would still be possible to make a small
contribution that expresses Debian's interest and sympathy to your goal,
with the hope that our name will help the crowdfunding effort.
Something on a scale that would allow us to answer positively to similar
requests without putting a significant burden on our finances... Maybe
$100 ?  This is the same amount as what Debian is willing to reimburse
for travel costs to bug-squashing parties, for instance.

Have a nice day,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy                              Akano, Uruma, Okinawa, Japan
Debian Med packaging team         http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med