Re: GR proposal: mandating VcsGit and VcsBrowser for all packages, using the "gbp patches unapplied" layout, and maybe also mandating hosted on Salsa

On 8/27/19 2:06 AM, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Mon, 26 Aug 2019, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> forced to either register on the said non-free platform, and use a
>> workflow which I very much dislike. It's either that ... or I just
>> ignore the VCS fields, and the VCS becomes outdated, missing my upload,
>> with a very good chance that it will never get updated. That's really
>
> You are mixing unresponsiveness of the maintainer with non-free
> platforms

Well, the mix is indeed the problem!

> and I am sure you do that on purpose to press your own agenda
> to force everyone to salsa.

It's on purpose, because that's the problem, not because I'm acting out
of malice (ie: with an "agenda" that I need to "press") to annoy you.

Except yourself, and for obvious reasons which you already mentioned, I
haven't seen any opposition to the proposal.

> With any proposal like this the net effect is that those who prefer some
> other infrastructure than salsa will have an out of date git repo at
> salsa to satisfy your agenda, and real development will still continue
> somewhere else.

Norbert, I'm very annoyed by your wording. "Having an agenda" reads like
if I was writing out of malice, on purpose, just to annoy you. That is
not the case. I just happen to have a different view on things. It's
been told to you many times, your choice of words looks very aggressive
to others, and it'd be nice if that changed.

> Please, stop you crusade, and simply accept that other developers have
> other opinions than yours, and other preferences.

Reality is that you have no such opinion, you are just (rightly) pissed
by the recent event around your account being revoked, then reinstalled.
Also, this has to do with the foo-guest -> foo (and the other way around
in your case), which needs to be fixed anyways. So this is IMO not
relevant at all here.

Thomas Goirand (zigo)