Re: Results of the Antiharassment Team Survey

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 10:23:15PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> While Russ didn't challenge my reading of the project's requirements, he
> did something very important.  He argued that mediation is focusing even
> more energy on bad behavior; he argued that we don't have the resources
> to approach mediation; and he argued that it would make it impossible
> for us to find volunteers for the AH team.  That is, he raised a
> blocking objection in the form of a insufficiently considered issue.
> He demonstrated that even if we had a consensus, it would be
> uninformed.

If you stand the chance of being expelled without your case being heard
just on the cause that somebody might consider what you said a CoC
violation, the project should not expect people to speak at all.

I don't think that Debian silenced based on fear is what we want. At
least it is not what I want.

Greetings
Marc