Re: RFC: endorse debian-mentors as entrance to our infrastructure projects

Hey again,

Jonas Meurer:
>>> So here's the idea we came up with: We could explicitely broaden the
>>> scope of debian-mentors to include any questions regarding Debian
>>> infrastructure software.
>>> That basicly would mean to explicitely mention "questions on
>>> infrastruc-ture projects" in our docs about debian-mentors.
>>> Additionally, when the infrastructure teams don't have time to mentor
>>> new contributors, they could point them to debian-mentors.
>>>
>>> My hope is that having debian-mentors as an endorsed entry point for
>>> diving into Debian infrastructure would lower the entry barrier
>>> significantly for new contributors who'd like to dive into our
>>> infrastructure software projects.
>>
>> Next step will be to update the documentation about debian-mentors:
>>
>> Once this is done, it should be announced on more popular channels. Misc
>> Developer News[4] would be a good one and maybe also a dedicated mail to
>> debian-devel-announce?
>>
>> [4] https://wiki.debian.org/DeveloperNews
>>
>> I think the key to success here is that people in Debian (especially
>> those in infrastructure/service teams) have to adapt to the practice of
>> pointing newbies with their questions to debian-mentors.
>
> Will do that once the list description got updated.

Since the mailinglist description got updated very quickly I went ahead
and added a paragraph about the broadened debian-mentors scope to
DeveloperNews:

https://wiki.debian.org/DeveloperNews#Scope_of_debian-mentors_broadened_to_help_with_infrastructure_questions

Again, feel free to review and improve :)

Cheers
 jonas