Re: Pride Month Discussion has Run its Course

On Sat, Jul 06, 2019 at 08:00:58PM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> But that is my personal mindset I am coming from. If such a mindset is
> outdated nowadays and not wanted anymore I offer to resign as a listmaster.

I think there are two separate aspects here. One is the "mindset" you're
discussing here, which I'm positive is shared by most in the project.
Another is explicitly pushing back against the DPL, whose constitutional
roles include "Lead discussions amongst Developers", when he asks gently
to please stop a discussion.

I'm sure that was not your intention, but to bystanders that gives the
feeling that you're undermining the DPL's authority, and gets in the way
of the DPL doing his constitutional job in this specific area. So,
personally, I'm torn here: I agree with your open discussion mindset,
but the main issue here was (as I understand it at least) of a different
nature.

No need to threaten resignation about this, I'm sure your work as
listmaster is still very much appreciated in the project (and certainly
it is appreciated by me).

Cheers
--
Stefano Zacchiroli . zack@upsilon.cc . upsilon.cc/zack . . o . . . o . o
Computer Science Professor . CTO Software Heritage . . . . . o . . . o o