Re: Cultural differences and how to handle them

Marc Haber <mh+debian-project@zugschlus.de> writes:
> On Wed, Jul 03, 2019 at 10:32:04AM -0600, Jason Crain wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 03, 2019 at 05:40:54PM +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>> > In this gay pride month discussion what is politically correct for
>> > people in the US is considered offensive by people in Germany, and
>> > what would be considered politically correct by Germans would be
>> > considered offensive by people in the US.
>>
>> I have a hard time believing that German culture prevents you (or
>> Debian) from supporting gay pride,
>
> That is not what Adrian tried to say. Don't try turning his words around
> against him. No German company would change its logo for a pride month,
> and if they did, other minorities would sue for their own logo month on
> basis of discrimination.

It is not a company, but the Berlin government (text in german):

https://www.rbb24.de/panorama/beitrag/2019/07/pride-berlin-csd-lesbisch-schwul-stadtfest.html

Caption: "Pride weeks start: Berlin town hall hoist the rainbow flag"

And if I remember correctly, Travis CI, which *is* a german company
(Rigaer Straße 8, 10247 Berlin, Germany, just in my neighborhood) had a
gay pride logo last year on their web page.

As I said: this is not an anglo-german cultural conflict.

Best reards

Ole