Re: Debian supports pridemonth?

On 01/07/2019 19:22, Sam Hartman wrote:

>     Adrian> Debian having a position on general political issues can be
>     Adrian> dangerous.
>
> Absolutely.
> I think that each time we should link what we're doing back to our goal
> of making a great free software operating system for our users.
> And link back to our priorities of our users and free software.
> In this instance, the link is obvious for me.
> We as a community have decided that being inclusive helps us make a
> great free software operating system.

I don't think we want to be inclusive to make a better OS. Like we don't
work on free software just because it lead to better software quality.
We know that is not necessarily true, and we know that we do free
software because we believe it it.

Similarly, I think the Diversity Statement reflects what another facet
of what we believe in: that "The Debian Project welcomes and encourages
participation by everyone" not for any particular practical gain, but
because we want to embrace our colleagues from any and all different
backgrounds, because they are people just like us.

Martina Ferrari (Tina, the artist formerly known as Tincho)