Re: Debian supports pridemonth?

On Mon, Jul 01, 2019 at 09:24:34AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Gerardo Ballabio <gerardo.ballabio@gmail.com> writes:
[...]
> > And I don't think that this is, or should be, within the bounds of the
> > Publicity Team delegation.
>
> I think this is probably the place where we disagree.
>
> That said, how *do* you want to handle this, assuming that other people in
> the project do want to acknowledge important events for our community
> members?  For example, Debian has made note of Diwali in the past in
> various ways (arguably less obviously than changing the logo, to be fair),
> and it's been entirely uncontroversial.
[...]
> Perhaps it's just because I come from a work culture where this sort of
> acknowledgement is entirely routine and unexceptional, but this all feels
> like a tempest in a teapot to me.

The latter is probably a cultural issue that varies significantly
depending on where one lives and works.  My personal experience
with the various places that I have worked at has been exactly
the opposite from yours - employers have strictly avoided any
form of communication towards their employees that could be even
remotely related to religion or politics and employees were
expected to not issue any statements with religious or political
connotations when they spoke on behalf of the company.

Regards,
Karsten
--
Ich widerspreche hiermit ausdrücklich der Nutzung sowie der
Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der Werbung