Re: Debian supports pridemonth?

On Mon, Jul 01, 2019 at 08:37:13AM +0200, Gerardo Ballabio wrote:

> On the other hand, nobody but me has spoken openly to say that it was
> a mistake to issue that statement. So I'm taking that as meaning that
> there is indeed a project-wide consensus that it was ok.

I do not consider it a mistake but I was astonished about changing the
logo.  While I *personally* think it is definitely a good thing that we
are inclusive it flashed through my mind that Free Software is not
political (see the non-free licenses like "GPL but you are not permitted
to do evil" or so).  And yes, I've read Russ' good arguments to be
political.

I simply refrained from contributing to that discussion (and will not
take part any more) since I consider discussing this topic on the
mailing list as very less productive.  Lets do this at DebConf rather
face to face.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--