Re: Question for Planet Admins: What Should I do if another Developer Removes my Blog

    Ian> Sam Hartman writes ("Question for Planet Admins: What Should I
    Ian> do if another Developer Removes my Blog"):
    >> Imagine that I get a note from a random developer saying they
    >> have removed my blog from planet.  I understand what they are
    >> saying enough to believe it is not vandalism; they honestly
    >> believe I did something wrong.  I can't understand from their
    >> message how they hope I'd fix it.
    >>
    >> I cannot engage with them in what I think is a timely manner.
    >>
    >> They copied the planet admins who have not gotten involved in the
    >> conversation.
    >>
    >> What should I do?

    Ian> Does the answer to this question depend very much on whether
    Ian> it's Planet that's the territory for the revert war ?

    Ian> ISTM that the same can be true of bugs.d.o at the very least,
    Ian> and salsa, and, in principle, even the archive.

That's why I'm asking the planet admins.  I'd argue that in general we
delegate responsibility to people to run services as they choose.
It's more complex than that of course, but it's certainly common for us
to give people wide latitude to do their jobs.

So planet admins might well take a different approach than owner@bts or
salsa or...
And absent some project-wide policy or an override or something I think
the planet admins do get to decide for planet.

I think the general question is interesting, and a very reasonable
answer from the planet admins might be "We haven't thought this one
through, let's have a general discussion."

If people do decide to have the general discussion I'd appreciate it if
they were to change the subject.

--Sam