the #debian-ddpl IRC channel on OFTC

Hi folks.  Some DPLs in the past have used the #debian-dpl channel on
OFTC.  Chris didn't.

I'm trying to figure out whether I am going to use the channel, but for
now I'm hanging out there.
If you hang out there, I'm assuming you're willing to assist the DPL on
the channel trying to understand things.  So, asking questions about how
reimbursements and treasury works, asking who I talk to for X, that sort
of thing.  Asking for sanity checking of email before I send it, etc.

It's import to be careful about using it as a place to make decisions.
It's not archived, it's not any sort of formal forum.
I feel comfortable seeking input there when I'd like some input but when
there is no formal requirement that I seek input.  Much the same way I
might feel comfortable talking to a developer I trusted and seeking
their input.

However, for decisions where there is a requirement of transparency or
community consensus, #debian-dpl is entirely the wrong forum.

my mind is still open on whether I will end up using the channel
long-term.  However, since I'm still there after a few days I decided to
send a note to -project letting people know that #debian-dpl is a place
where some discussions are happening.