Re: Proposal: mediators

I think that rather than writing down a procedure like this it would be
better to  get some success cases of trying something along these lines.
So, for example, I'd recommend that you and people who have similar
views volunteer to be available as mediators.
Once people use your services, and you have some practical experience
then worry about writing it up.

I am interested in mediation  but my approach is very different than
yours.

* I think the emotions and feelings are more important than the facts

* I am interested in working  in cases where there is a desire to reach
  settlement

* I think that your emphasis on facts and a statement of facts fails to
  account for some of the significant realities in dealing with conduct
  issues

So, while I'm interested in mediation-like things, I am not interested
in this project.  I'm trying to find ways I can olunteer to help that
are more aligned with my goals.

However,  I've seen others on discussions recently who may have goals
aligned with yours.
Debian is a community where we move forward by trying things out.
Make your services available, let people know.
Whether people are interested in using the services will be one gage of
success.

--Sam