Re: Input requested on "blockers" to organising Debian events

[dropping myself from CC]

Dear Martín,

> I think that if one wants to promote the organisation of more events,
> the best way would be to offset some of the load to Debian proper.
> Funding is the big one […]

Can just briefly confirm that you are referring to Debian literally
funding the event itself / organising sponsors? (I ask because we
previously discussed some intermediate things such as Debian providing
up-front funds to reserve venues in good time etc.)

> also applies to other aspects that can take a lot of time, for example
> conference organisation software, and other support services.

Whilst I remember, I believe GNOME and KDE have re-usable systems to
organise their conference, seemingly making it fairly easy to spin-up
the repetitive infrastructure.

Regards,

--
      ,''`.