Input requested on "blockers" to organising Debian events

Dear -project,

I'm still on a bit of "DebConf high" so I was naturally wondering when my
next Debian event might be.

Of course, not all events need to be as big as a DebConf. Whilst we do run
a large number of non-DebConf events such as Bug Squashing Parties or
sprints [0] there seems to be no good reason why we can't consider more,
from the scale of a MiniDebConf such as the one in Hamburg [1] all the way
to a small & informal three-person sprint out of a random coffee shop.

As Project Leader it's my responsibility to try and remove as many
obstacles as possible to Developers getting stuff done, so I therefore
solicit your input on blockers to organising such events.

Specifically:

  - If you have not run an event before, what is the biggest reason
    why not?

  - If you ran an event before but you are no longer running it, why
    not? Are there any specific reasons you could point to?

  - If you are already running events, what would the biggest reasons
    or threats to you stopping?

(On a point of order, I'm sure many of the answers to the above are simply
"time". As we are all busy people this is always to be expected so I would
gently request not responding with this reason unless you feel you would
be adding a truly new perspective.)

 [0] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents
 [1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/de/2018/MiniDebConfHamburg

Regards,