Re: Do we need embargoes for GPL compliance issues?

Ben Hutchings writes ("Re: Do we need embargoes for GPL compliance issues?"):
> As you may know, an individual copyright holder in the Linux kernel is
> understood to have succesfully sued various infringing companies

Bet you a dime to a dollar that these same infringing companies are
vigorously opposed to GPLv3 with its much more reasonable termination
clause.  (In GPLv2 your licence is automatically terminated as soon as
you violate.)

I have no sympathy for them at all.  Hoist by their own petard.  Don't
want our bugfixes to the licence ?  Fine, keep the bugs you care about
too.

I don't think Debian is at significant risk even from the trollish
people being discussed here.

Ian.