Re: how to obtain installation image for Debian8 "Jessie"?

Thank you David,

I have got the image of Debian-8.10. As to Debian 9 (Stretch) per Chris' concern, I believe the main problem is the KDE 5 GUI that it used. There had been lots of bugs reported. When I upgraded to Debian 9 from "Jessie", all my KDE 4 GUI were messed. Also, the KDE 5 is more like Windows GUI, which is not satisfactory, especially the SDDM. The new SDDM listed all the users in the LOGIN  page, as in the Windows LOGIN. This reveals the information of all the users of the platform, which is a security issue. In the old KDM LOGIN, we can choose to key in username and password separately, which is more secured, from my personal view.

Regards

Henry

Hi Henry,

On 06.01.2018 06:26, Henry Chang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used Debian 8.0 "Jessie", which was good. But when I upgraded to
> "Stretch", the system was not satisfactory. I want my "Jessie" back, but I
> do not have its installation image. Please tell me where can I get the
> installation image of "jessie". Thanks.

You should find here [0] what you are looking for.

Yours
  David

[0] https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/debian-installer/

--
Muchiu (Henry) Chang, PhD. Cantab
Patent Mapping Intelligence Researcher &