Re: Naming of teams on salsa.debian.org

Holger Levsen:
> On Thu, Jan 04, 2018 at 02:33:00PM +0000, Ximin Luo wrote:
>> It's better to standardise on a set of prefixes and ditch the suffix completely. Prefixes will look better and be easier to navigate, when lists of group names are sorted.
>>
>> debian-* - for Debian infrastructure and admin stuff
>> pkg-* - for group maintenance of related packages
>> l10n-* - for localisation efforts
>
> does your proposal also cover not using any prefix? eg I can see how the
> Debian reproducible builds team fits into the above naming scheme, but
> not how a reproducible-builds.org team would fit.

My proposal wasn't intended to block group names that don't fit into the above categories, so "reproducible", "reproducible-builds" etc would still be available on request by filing a support ticket, as is the case now.

The proposal is more along the lines of "if your group fits into this category then it *should/must* have this prefix".

(For those not aware, the "reproducible" group on alioth also hosts some non-Debian stuff.)

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git