Re: Are online services also software for Debian's rules?

Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> writes:

> Then, please file bugs against offending packages, severity
> serious. Otherwise, all this discussion is useless. A starting point
> could be golang-github-datadog-datadog-go and golang-google-api
> packages.

And please think about the significant hardship you will create for people
trying to maintain software in Debian that works with multiple free and
non-free services before you go down this path.  The number of things that
would have to move to contrib because one of their underlying libraries
would now be in contrib would be substantial.  Is the amount of effort
people would have to go to in order to untangle that mess, and the number
of our users who would immediately enable contrib who don't have it
enabled now, really worth it?