Re: Are online services also software for Debian's rules?

 ❦ 12 août 2017 09:12 GMT, "Dr. Bas Wijnen" <wijnen@debian.org> :

>> And honestly, I don't have to do a thing. Nothing will change. Free
>> software using "non-free services" will stay in main because they meet
>> the proper requirements (policy 2.2.1).
>
> No, it doesn't.  2.2.1 says "None of the packages in the main archive area
> require software outside of that area to function."  In other words, if
> software outside of main would not exist, the program would still work.  But if
> that software wouldn't exist, the non-free service would not be available and
> the free client would be useless.

Then, please file bugs against offending packages, severity
serious. Otherwise, all this discussion is useless. A starting point
could be golang-github-datadog-datadog-go and golang-google-api
packages.
--
Avoid temporary variables.