Re: Let's Stop Getting Torn Apart by Disagreement: Concerns about the Technical Committee

Martin Steigerwald writes ("Re: Let's Stop Getting Torn Apart by Disagreement: Concerns about the Technical Committee"):
> Any workable solution lies beyond blame, however.
> Any workable solution lies beyond "I am right and you are wrong".

Traditionally Debian has a very workable approach for disagreements
over whether software X or Y is better.  (For whatever value of
"better")  Offer both and let people decide for themselves.

When things start to get really emotional and heated is when people
feel (rightly or wrongly) that such choices are being curtailed.

Ian.