Re: Let's Stop Getting Torn Apart by Disagreement: Concerns about the Technical Committee

Hello Norbert.

Norbert Preining - 26.12.17, 15:28:
> On Mon, 06 Nov 2017, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > *This* is where I see the true source of the *ongoing* division in the
> > community.  It's not over the technical decision.  It's not even over the
> > decision-making process.  It's that some people, most (but not all) of
> > whom seem to be opponents of systemd, are so completely confident that
> > they're right and that theirs is the only ethical position possible that
> > they repeatedly accuse anyone who disagrees with them of bad faith.
>
> As if systemd supporters aren't exhibiting the same traits ...
> Just blame one side and be happy.

Yes, I saw blaming on both sides. At times I was blaming as well. And so in my
surely inaccurate, subjectively colored memory did almost everyone else in a
more or less apparent way. Also in the arguments that appeared to be purely
technical. Also most of these as far as I remember contained a notion of "I am
right and you are wrong".

The truth is: *Both* sides have been involved in the conflict.

Any workable solution lies beyond blame, however.

Any workable solution lies beyond "I am right and you are wrong".

This needs letting go of blame. I am not yet there, I just recently started to
let go of blame (but in other, for me more important areas of live for now).
Who is? Who truly let go of blaming the other side in this discussion?

Have a Merry Christmas,
--
Martin