Let's Stop Getting Torn Apart by Disagreement: Concerns about the Technical Committee

As a member of the technical committee, I've grown increasingly alarmed
as I think about the impact of the issues that come to us.
Yes, we're giving answers.  However, I think we are doing a lot of harm
to the members of our community in the process, and I would like to
explore whether we can do better.

I've written a blog entry describing my concerns.  It's on Planet, and
you can see it at https://hartmans.livejournal.com/97174.html

I've reached a point where I'd like to share my concerns and ask "anyone
else feel similar?  Anyone else want to work on solving this?"

In thinking about my concerns I went over a list of issues that have
come before the TC going back somewhat before the Systemd discussion.
However, I did not perform any quantitative or statistical analysis.
As you can see I also didn't share any discussion of specific issues.
I'm not trying to persuade you I'm right.  I am very interested in being
exposed to your ideas about how one might think about this situation,
and certainly exposing me to new ways of thinking is likely to change my
opinions.  But I'm not really interested in persuasion either incoming
or outgoing at this point.  I'm seeking shared interest.

If we get to a point where we want to propose a specific change, we'll
need to convince the project it will make things better.  That's a ways
down this road.