Re: How the Debian project organises itself

On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 7:55 PM, Greg Harvey wrote:

> Does anyone have time to talk to me / can anyone point me at someone (or
> materials) that can talk me through how Debian is organised? Would be a
> useful first step for comparison!

I'm not entirely sure what kind of info you are looking for, hope this helps:

The Debian Constitution defines how some core parts of the project are
organised:

https://www.debian.org/devel/constitution

Beyond that there are teams and individual contributors, who all
organise themselves according to their own priorities and needs (or
those of their employers):

https://www.debian.org/intro/organization
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams
https://contributors.debian.org/

We have codes of conduct for Debian itself and for individuals in the
context of contributing to Debian:

https://www.debian.org/social_contract
https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct

Most of our communication happens on mailing lists, IRC, at the annual
conference and other events:

https://lists.debian.org/
https://wiki.debian.org/IRC
https://debconf.org/
https://wiki.debian.org/MiniDebConf

We delegate some things to external entities:

https://wiki.debian.org/ExternalEntities

--
bye,
pabs