Debian activity in Kosovo, MiniDebConf Prishtina, diversity

Hi all,

I've had some recent visits to Kosovo and there are some exciting things
happening there.

Chris Lamb got there first for Software Freedom Kosova[1] 2016.

At the Digital-born Media Carnival[2], I met some students, Albiona and
Qendresa Hoti, who invited me to visit and asked me if I could provide
some support for their hackathon in Prizren.  I went there and gave a
talk at the Innovation Center Kosovo[3] in July and went back for the
hackathon[4] in August.

A MiniDebConf is now being organized for 7 October.  The Prishtina
hackerspace[6] is a possible venue but this hasn't been finally
confirmed yet.

Kosovo has also been discussed in the bug tracker recently, there is a
first Debian mirror[7] there and there is discussion about how to give
Kosovan users a better experience[8] using the Debian installer.

Like Albania[9], there are really good signs for diversity in Kosovo and
it looks like the MiniDebConf may achieve a gender ratio that hasn't
been seen before in Debian events, with the exception of those that were
exclusively organized for women.

Regards,

Daniel

1. http://sfk.flossk.org/sfk16/