Re: Listing of derivatives on the Debian website?

Hi,

On Tue, 05 Sep 2017, Paul Wise wrote:
> I discussed this a bit more with Stéphane Blondon offlist and we came
> up with this proposal for the criteria and how to list derivatives.
>
> We would welcome some feedback on these new criteria.

I don't have anything to add. It looks good to me (and I believe Kali
would fit the requirements too).

Altough it's not necessarily trivial to evaluate your criteria:

>     <li>actively cooperate with Debian<li>

Hard to evaluate but can be assumed to be true when the distribution
files bugs (and when they user tag the bugs).

>     <li>are actively maintained</li>

- new releases?
- people responding to queries/bug reports?

>     <li>are notable and established distributions</li>

Not very specific either:
- notable? => how do you know popularity?
- established? => how old must the derivative be?

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer