Re: If Debian support OS certification?

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 11:44 PM, Ritesh Raj Sarraf <rrs@debian.org> wrote:
On Tue, 2017-05-02 at 08:35 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> > What they are interested about, is having *us*, Debian, to certify that
> > their hardware work on our system, so that their customer trust they can
> > buy it to run Debian. It'd be a bit weird if they were certifying
> > themselves.
>
> I think that Debian members/contributors do not and should not hold a
> monopoly on verifying that Debian works on a particular piece of
> hardware.

As members, we should come up with a "Certification Policy" guide. Which should
define what constitutes a particular machine being marked certified. Then a
testsuite could be built accordingly.

I am not sure if this got a page added. But I've created one at [1]. Please feel free to add any other points I may have missed.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Certification

--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf
RESEARCHUT - http://www.researchut.com