Re: Inappropriate content on planet.debian.org and need of evolution of documentation and CoC

shirish शिरीष writes ("Inappropriate content on planet.debian.org and need of evolution of documentation and CoC"):
> Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to the mailing list. Please excuse
> the non-brievity of the mail.
>
> Couple of weeks back, I put up a blog post
> https://flossexperiences.wordpress.com/2017/03/30/the-tale-of-the-dancing-girl-nsfw/

I don't much read blogs, and I don't read planet, mostly because I'm
too old-school for that kind of thing.  But:

> Because the subject matter is mature and uncomfortable to many people
> my feed was turned off.

Thank you for the NSFW warning.  Due to that, I read your posting in
w3m.  That avoided me having sexualised imagery appearing on my screen
in the open-plan office I work in.

I agree with everything Russ said in his posting about "Safe for
work".  In particular, if I had been a reader of planet.d.o, and a
NSFW image had appeared on my screen, I would immediately have
reported it to the appropriate administrators and expected them to
remove it.  (After reacting in panic to hide the offending tab!)

I am much more relaxed about textual content.  I found the textual
content of your article fine from a policy point of view.  I have no
problems with extended philosophical musings on an aggregator like
p.d.o, so long as the rate at which they are posted is low enough that
they don't start to overwhelm other stuff.

Thanks,
Ian.