Re: Inappropriate content on planet.debian.org and need of evolution of documentation and CoC

The meta issue here is who decides policy for Planet Debian, and how
that is done. This is important for the current case as well: the
controversial blog post is dates March 30, the change to require
suitability for 12-year-olds is from March 31, and the wiki change was
made by the author of the blog post. I'm not aware of any public
discussion of the change, before the change happened, but perhaps I've
just found it.

I admit I have a hard time trusting a policy defined in a wiki page
that anyone can change.

It seems quite weird to me to apply the DebConf Code of Conduct to
Planet Debian. I don't who said what to whom, when, or how, to make
that be the conclusion. It would be good, I think, to have policy
discssions on public mailing lists.

I don't currently have a comment on the suitability for Planet Debian
of the post in question. Russ raises excellent points.

--
I want to build worthwhile things that might last. --joeyh