Re: Inappropriate content on planet.debian.org and need of evolution of documentation and CoC

addition at bottom :-

On 06/04/2017, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to the mailing list. Please excuse
> the non-brievity of the mail.
>
> Couple of weeks back, I put up a blog post
> https://flossexperiences.wordpress.com/2017/03/30/the-tale-of-the-dancing-girl-nsfw/
>
> Because the subject matter is mature and uncomfortable to many people
> my feed was turned off.
>
> In response I was given/shared three documents/links  -
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian
>
> To be more precise it was
> https://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian?action=diff&rev2=49&rev1=48
>
> https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct
>
> and last but not the least -
>
> https://debconf.org/codeofconduct.shtml
>
> And somehow the debconf code of conduct became the over-riding factor.
>
> From the discussions it emerged or was shared (in private) that the
> documents need to be evolved but there doesn't seem to be any
> discussion about it in the public space and that I find frustrating
> (or maybe I'm not looking at the right place/s and if so please
> guide.)
>
> I do find this part to be problematic -
>
> "Try not to annoy people. While there is absolutely no requirement
> that posts need to be about Debian, if there are a subset of posts
> that are annoying a large number of people and generating many
> complaints, you may be asked to consider providing a feed without the
> posts in question. If you stay away from advertising content (or
> content that might be confused as such) and from excessively personal
> information, you should be fine."
>
> Now while I have hinted that the material should be child or
> family-friendly it still seems far from perfect.
>
> For any person it is very difficult to know what would or would not
> annoy people. For instance the blog post I'm writing atm is about
> 'Fatalism' the idea or thought that some/few/many people have that
> life is pre-ordained in full or in parts .
>
> While my feed is still blocked, the specific blog post might or might
> not annoy people. If we are to talk only 'safe' topics then that would
> serve as a good guide. Even if we are able to come with a list of
> topics which are considered harmful or detrimental to the project even
> that probably would be service to the project.
>
> Similarly, perhaps  the Debian Code of Conduct could do with some
> child/family-friendly addition therein.
>
> I have no idea whether debian-project is the right place to start this
> discussion or some other mailing list/bug-report or some other way.
>
> I am no DD or DM so guess this is the only way I can raise the issue
> and get some sort of equivalence in all three documents so they
> speak/tell the same thing.
>
> Looking forward for guidance.
> --
>           Regards,
>           Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
>   My quotes in this email licensed under CC 3.0
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
> http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
> [...]

I have been told that I am/was fast and on reflection found they are
right. I was also told I should at least give them a week or more as
people need time to formulate replies. Hence, in order to be fair to
them, let us give them 2 weeks i.e. 20th April 2017 to at least up
with some response.

At the same time, let me also point out that the wiki document is also
incomplete on the topic of conflict resolution or what people should
do once they find they have done a mistake, how to make amends ?

Meanwhile, people could put their 2 bits at
https://flossexperiences.wordpress.com/2017/04/06/the-fatalistic-attitude/
especially if you disagree with my point of view. I welcome all and
any criticism.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल